- Great service. Bringing the family together to form a clear team around the child to create a safety and support plan for the child.
- Bringing the family together to discover what support can be offered.
- Excellent process that occurred in a timely manner with a positive outcome.
- Empowering for families. Positive cooperative problem solving opportunity for professionals to work alongside families.
- The meeting was able to cool the tension which was mounting between family members, particularly Daisy's father and mother. Even though they were not talking to each other and could only communicate through a third party, they agreed to go for cup of tea after the meeting. Things have since been going well between them and a meeting that was prearranged by Mr Jones to have separate core group meetings with Ms Smith was cancelled by Mr Jones after the Family Group meeting.
- It was really a difficult assignment given the level of acrimony between the two families. The manner the whole process was managed was well considered and effective. The family managed to come up with a really good plan. This has seen the two families being able to sit down to draw a future focused plan for Jessie. This is incredibly unbelievable. Since the FGC, the families appear to view the situation with new lenses. I do feel this will go a long way to improve the children's lives.
(All names have been changed for confidentiality.)