One day Domestic Abuse/Violence training, 31st January 2019.
Cost: £95 pp (discounted rate)
Venue: CAN Mezzanine, Borough, London
A one day course for FGC project managers/coordinators/facilitators who are committed to expanding their provision to include domestic and family violence issues. Developed from the pioneering work of the Daybreak Dove project.
Aims and Objectives:
What is domestic abuse/violence and potential impact on participation and safety throughout the FGC process
- Understanding the nature and impact of domestic abuse/violence
- Understanding the common survival strategies of victims of domestic abuse/violence
- Understanding the possible impact of domestic abuse/violence on children
- Considering behavior of perpetrators and victims
- Considering safe participation for all involved
Please email email@example.com to sign up
For information on costs of our up coming training - please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 023 80 696644
As our reputation for high quality training spreads, you may find that you’re asked whether you’ve been “Daybreak Trained”. This is because our training is increasingly regarded as the benchmark for excellence in terms of Family Group Conferences.
As UK specialists entirely focused on the delivery of FGC’s, we’re an accredited Learning Centre with our own excellent trainers ready to pass on their considerable experience and expertise.
Addressing a wide range of issues including child welfare and protection; vulnerable adults; family and domestic violence and elder abuse you’ll learn about:
- The role of FGC’s and their benefits
- The theoretical values, principles, processes and cultural sensitivities behind FGC’s
- The practical tasks needed to set up a meeting
- Their practical application with regard to real time issues and unexpected events
ABOUT OUR TRAINERS:
We’re in the fortunate position of having some of the best qualified Trainers in the country. They’ve had direct experience of coordinating FGC’s and, indeed, of managing that process for a number of years. We’re confident that their practical understanding will help you take the application of Family Group Conferences to another level.
Our Trainers come from backgrounds in social work, probation, education, and child welfare.
They’ve personally worked with children with challenging behaviour; with the elderly; with vulnerable adults and in areas of domestic abuse and violence.
Working in a context that encourages reflection and learning, they’re all passionate about FGC’s and their unique ability to empower families. You’ll also find that they’re supportive and generous trainers eager to help you improve your client’s lives as well as enriching your own work.
We understand the vital importance of applying the general principles of FGC’s to real time situations (and having the confidence to do this) so we offer both competitively priced ‘off the shelf’ and bespoke courses which provide the best fit to your particular role. These include:
- A half day FGC Introduction: for those interested in learning more about the role of the FGC coordinator, the thinking behind the FGC model and an overview of the process
- A full day introduction to FGC: for those interested in learning more about the role of the FGC coordinator, the thinking behind the FGC model, an overview of the process and an opportunity to undertake practical exercises to bring the FGC experience to life
Accredited FGC Co-ordinator Programme: a three day course for potential and practising coordinators, this explains practical, theoretical and philosophical angles as well as offering you a series of individually tailored face to face tutorials.
A one day Refresher course: for coordinators who have previously undertaken the full 3 days FGC coordinator training but have not been able to put that learning in to practice and would benefit from revisiting the process
A half day workshop for FGC referrers and service providers: to understand the importance of the role of the referrer and service providers within the FGC process and maximise best outcomes for all involved
A one day workshop for FGC referrers and service providers: to understand the importance of the role of the referrer and service providers within the FGC process, maximise outcomes for all involved and benefit from practical exercises to gain a greater understanding of the FGC process
Exploring FGC’s for domestic violence: a two hour introductory course for agency representatives who’d like to explore the use of FGC’s to address domestic violence
FGC’s for Domestic & Family Violence: a one day course for FGC project managers/coordinators/facilitators who are committed to expanding their provision to include domestic and family violence issues. Developed from the pioneering work of the Daybreak Dove project.
FGC’s for Vulnerable Adults: a one day course for FGC project managers/coordinators/facilitators who are committed to expanding their provision to include vulnerable adults. Developed from the experience of Daybreak’s ground breaking programme working with vulnerable adults.
For absolute flexibility, all of these are offered by us throughout the year or can be brought to your agency.
WE ALSO OFFER CONSULTANCY
If you’re looking to newly offer Family Group Conferences within your agency, or improve performance of your existing programmes, we can work with you on an individual basis. As required this can include:
- An initial consultation about the FGC process
- Advice on the development of FGC policies and procedures
- The local implementation of the FGC model
- Consultation on the recruitment and training of coordinators
- Help with FGC practice guidelines
PEOPLE LIKE YOU LOVE OUR TRAINING…
“If you are looking for high quality FGC training, Daybreak are definitely the people I would recommend”
“I think that it will have long reaching gains for our practices and procedure”
“Informative and relevant”
“Really really useful”