The Daybreak FGC team will give you the best possible service because:
We have pioneered FGCs in a range of contexts including:
- Children on the edge of care, where all families are offered a FGC (Our very successful Innovation Project )
- Adult FGCs to address safeguarding concerns and other issues
- Domestic violence and abuse
We are the only registered charity that focuses entirely on family group conferences, so we have built up specialist knowledge, skills and experience in delivering FGC Meetings, and managing the process
This was clearly demonstrated by our independently evaluated Innovation Project, which showed that;
Impact on care proceedings
- 3 - 12 months after FGCs had been convened, three-quarters (75%) of children were living with a parent (60%) or a relative (16%). The proportion of family placements was lower in cases where no FGC was convened (61% in total, 50% with parents and 11% with relatives)
- during the study timeframe, proceedings were initiated in 29% of FGC cases, compared to 50% of cases where no FGC was convened
- three months after the FGC, 97% of survey respondents considered that the plan they had made constituted the best outcome for the child
- the research team calculated the average weekly cost of care per child in the FGC and no-FGC cohorts. Costs amongst the FGC cohort were lower, reflecting the fact that more of this group were living with their birth families
We have a very high conversion rate of FGC referrals to FGC meetings. Our average last year was 84%. You will not waste your staff time and money by making referrals that go nowhere
We offer independently accredited FGC training for coordinators and other professionals involved in the process, and FGC management
We offer consultation on anything that involves FGCs
Are you interested in testing how family group conferences can achieve excellent results for the people with whom you work, whilst saving costs for your department?
Do you want to experience the benefit of a Daybreak family group conference without the expense or commitment of commissioning a full programme?
You can now purchase from Daybreak a single family group conference referral. We will appoint one of our trained and experienced coordinators to liaise with your staff, trace and meet the extended family members to invite, discuss how best the child, young person or vulnerable adult is supported, facilitate the meeting, and circulate the plan. We will discuss with you the outcome of the referral.
You can purchase a single referral, or achieve economies of scale by purchasing up to 5, or up to 10 referrals. This will decrease the unit cost of each referral, and bring increasing additional benefits.
You can contact us for more details of this facility, and how we can work with you to achieve the results you seek for enhancing the welfare and safeguarding of the individuals and families with whom you work, whilst achieving reductions in cost.